Wednesday, June 3, 2009

intercession


There is nothing that makes us love a man so much as praying for him. --William Law

Bev will be having surgery on June 9th and then will begin chemo and radiation to fight her cancer. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits--who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases...Psalm 103:2-3

Yvonne and her husband are on sabbatical in England for the next month. (her youngest son is taking care of things at home while they are gone.) If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. Psalm 139:9-10

Annette's friend Wendy is a full time caregiver to her husband who has COPD. They have had to adapt to some difficult changes recently. O LORD my God, I called to You for help and You healed me. Psalm 30:2, Surely God is my help; the Lord is the One who sustains me. Psalm 54:4

After more than a year of waiting, Katie has not one but two schools interested in hiring her. Jeremiah 29:11 says, "I say this because I know what I am planning for you," says the Lord. "I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future."

It's my turn to wait on biopsy results. They apparently will tell the doctor what they need to do to treat this spot on my back. (I keep hearing Lady MacBeth's voice in my head.) Exodus 15:27 says, "For I am the Lord, who heals you."

Praying for you all today...

No comments:

Post a Comment